At M1, your wealth is Yours to Build. We just make it easier.
A Better Alternative to Fidelity
You’re building towards a greater future, but does Fidelity help you along the way? Switch to M1, a better way to invest, borrow, and spend—so you can manage and build your wealth your way.
Fed up with Fidelity?
If your money management includes too much time management, it’s time to switch to a broker that makes it quicker and easier to invest—without sacrificing complete control. Start building long-term wealth, not wasting time.
With M1 there’s no comparison
M1 provides greater automation, some of the lowest rates in the market and more ways to grow your wealth your way. Switch to M1 and get more power behind every dollar.
From one-click rebalancing to scheduling your contributions to automatically paying back your outstanding Borrow loans, M1 has the tools you need. Better still? These tools are always free.
(Limited rebalancing available on certain products.)
FULL FEATURE FRACTIONAL SHARES3
Fidelity only lets you buy fractional shares from its mobile app. M1 has no such limit. Whether you buy fractional shares for stocks and exchange-traded funds from a desktop or mobile device, M1 lets you diversify your portfolio with ease and invest as much or as little as you want from wherever you want.
Fidelity data is as of July 28, 2022.
The M1 Plus advantage
When you join M1, you’ll unlock more perks and tools with three free months of M1 Plus.4 That means extra rewards, 1% cash back5 with the M1 debit card on purchases, our lowest Borrow rate, access to Smart Transfers, and more. Plus, our checking accounts offer 3.00% APY2 on your balance, so you can grow wealth even when it’s not invested. With Fidelity, you only get 1.20%. There’s no commitment and you can cancel anytime, but when it practically pays for itself, why would you?
Recognized and celebrated
Sophisticated investing. Simple tools.
Thoughtful investing doesn’t work with thoughtless brokerages. Start enjoying more tools, lower rates, more power over your wealth—all on a sleek, intuitive platform. It’s free to download and start investing. Switch to M1 today.
- M1 Borrow available on margin accounts with at least $2,000 invested per account. Not all securities are available for M1 Borrow and the amount that may be borrowed against a security is subject to change without notice. Available margin amount(s) of M1 Borrow may require greater than $2,000 per Invest account. Not available for retirement, custodial, or trust accounts. Margin rates may vary.
- No minimum balance to open account. No minimum balance to obtain APY (annual percentage yield). APY valid from account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates may vary.
- If you choose to transfer your account to another broker-dealer, only the full shares are guaranteed to transfer. Fractional shares may need to be liquidated and transferred as cash.
- Your free trial (a $31.25 value) begins the date you enroll in the M1 Plus subscription, and ends 90 days after (“Free Trial”). Upon expiry of the Free Trial, your account is automatically billed an annual subscription fee of $125 unless you cancel under your Membership details in the M1 Platform.
- Debit card purchases are when the card is swiped, or its 16-digit number is entered online. Any fund transfers, including via card transactions such as P2P or third party processors, are not eligible for cash back.
- Source: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/m1-finance/id1071915644
- Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m1finance.android&hl=en_US&gl=US