Join the Finance Super App®
M1 Finance vs. TD Ameritrade
You’re building a better financial future, but does TD Ameritrade give you the power and flexibility you need? M1 Finance gives you more tools and more perks on your wealth building journey, so you can build your future your way.
Tired of TD Ameritrade?
You deserve a better way to manage your money. M1 makes it easier and quicker to invest, borrow, and spend your hard-earned wealth exactly how you want—all with a sleek, modern platform. Sign up and see why M1 is a better TD Ameritrade alternative.
With M1 there’s no comparison
M1 provides greater automation, some of the lowest rates in the market and more ways to grow your wealth your way. Switch to M1 and get more power behind every dollar.
From one-click rebalancing, to scheduling your contributions, to automatically paying back your outstanding Borrow loans, M1 has the tools you need. Better still? These tools are always free. With TD, automatic rebalancing is only available with their robo-advisor service which has a 0.3% fee.
(with 0.3% robo-advisory fee)
Whether you’re crafting your own strategy or using our pre-build Expert Pies, M1 gives you more features commission-free. Commission-free trading of stocks and ETFs refers to $0 commissions charged by M1 Finance LLC for self-directed brokerage accounts. Other fees may apply such as regulatory, M1 Plus membership, account closures and ADR fees. For complete list of fees, visit M1 Fee Schedule. https://m1.com/legal/disclosures/misc-fees/ TD Ameritrade’s “Essential Portfolios” include a fee of .3% and a minimum $5,000 investment, and their free accounts have no automatic rebalancing.
(with 0.3% robo-advisory fee and $5K minimum)
TD Ameritrade lacks access to fractional shares—M1 has no such limit. Diversify your portfolio with ease and invest every dollar according to your unique strategy.
TD Ameritrade data is as of September 15, 2021.
The M1 Plus advantage
When you join M1, you’ll unlock more of everything with three months free of M1 Plus.4 You get extra perks, 1% cash back3 with the M1 debit card on purchases, our lowest Borrow rate, access to Smart Transfers, and more. Plus, our checking accounts offer 3.00% APY2 on your balance, so you can grow wealth even when it’s not invested.
There’s no commitment and you can cancel anytime. When it practically pays for itself, why would you?
Recognized and celebrated
Sophisticated tools. Simple investing.
Thoughtful investing doesn’t work with thoughtless brokerages. Start enjoying more tools, lower rates, more power over your wealth—all on a sleek, intuitive platform. It’s free to download and start investing. Switch to M1 today.
- M1 Borrow available on margin accounts with a balance of at least $2,000. Not available for retirement and custodial accounts. Rates may vary.
- No minimum balance to open account or to obtain APY (annual percentage yield). APY valid from account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates may vary.
- If you choose to transfer your account to another broker-dealer, only the full shares are guaranteed to transfer. Fractional shares may need to be liquidated and transferred as cash.
- Your free trial (a $31.25 value) begins the date you enroll in the M1 Plus subscription, and ends 90 days after (“Free Trial”). Upon expiry of the Free Trial, your account is automatically billed an annual subscription fee of $125 unless you cancel under your Membership details in the M1 Platform.
- Debit card purchases are when the card is swiped, or its 16-digit number is entered online. Any fund transfers, including via card transactions such as P2P or third party processors, are not eligible for cash back.
- Source: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/m1-finance/id1071915644
- Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m1finance.android&hl=en_US&gl=US