Join the Finance Super App®
M1 Finance vs. Interactive Brokers
You’re building a better financial future, but does Interactive Brokers give you a modern platform with all the features you need? M1 Finance is a sleek, all-in-one financial platform packed with ways to push your dollar further.
Irritated with Interactive Brokers?
Take time management out of money management. M1 makes it easier and quicker to invest, borrow, and spend your hard-earned wealth exactly how you want—all with an intuitive, modern platform. Sign up for M1 and get a better Interactive Brokers alternative.
With M1 there’s no comparison
M1 provides greater automation, some of the lowest rates in the market and more ways to grow your wealth your way. Switch to M1 and get more power behind every dollar.
STASH YOUR CASH
M1 Checking provides a safe, secure place to store your money. You can pay your borrow loan, set up automatic investments, and even earn 3.00% APY2 on your balance with M1 Plus. M1 plus is normally $125 a year, but your first three months are always free. 4 Interactive Brokers doesn’t offer checking services and pays 0% on uninvested cash.
YOUR STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
No matter your experience level, M1 has plenty of tools to help you create your perfect portfolio with ease. Work from a pre-made Expert Pie according to your goals and risk tolerance, or craft one in minutes with a simple interface—all for free. With the free version of Interactive Brokers, it’s entirely self led.
COMMISSION-FREE Commission-free trading of stocks and ETFs refers to $0 commissions charged by M1 Finance LLC for self-directed brokerage accounts. Other fees may apply such as regulatory, M1 Plus membership, account closures and ADR fees. For complete list of fees, visit M1 Fee Schedule. https://m1.com/legal/disclosures/misc-fees/ INVESTING
M1 let’s you build and automate your long term investment strategy commission-free.
UNLOCK EVERYTHING, FREE4
With M1, your first three months of our premium offering, M1 Plus is completely free (a $31.25 value). That’s more perks, tools, and better rates to supercharge your finances. With Interactive Brokers, their premium service trial only allows you to demo the features, you need to sign up before you can fund or trade.
Interactive Brokers data is as of September 16, 2021.
The M1 Plus advantage
When you join M1, you’ll unlock more of everything with three months free4 of M1 Plus. You get extra perks, 1% cash back5 with the M1 debit card on purchases, our lowest Borrow rate, access to Smart Transfers, and more. Plus, our checking accounts offer 3.00% APY2 on your balance, so you can grow wealth even when it’s not invested.
There’s no commitment and you can cancel anytime. When it practically pays for itself, why would you?
Recognized and celebrated
Sophisticated tools. Simple investing.
Thoughtful investing doesn’t work with thoughtless brokerages. Start enjoying more tools, lower rates, more power over your wealth—all on a sleek, intuitive platform. It’s free to download and start investing. Switch to M1 today.
- M1 Borrow available on margin accounts with at least $2,000 invested per account. Not all securities are available for M1 Borrow and the amount that may be borrowed against a security is subject to change without notice. Available margin amount(s) of M1 Borrow may require greater than $2,000 per Invest account. Not available for retirement, custodial, or trust accounts. Margin rates may vary.
- No minimum balance to open account. No minimum balance to obtain APY (annual percentage yield). APY valid from account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates may vary.
- If you choose to transfer your account to another broker-dealer, only the full shares are guaranteed to transfer. Fractional shares may need to be liquidated and transferred as cash.
- Your free trial (a $31.25 value) begins the date you enroll in the M1 Plus subscription, and ends 90 days after (“Free Trial”). Upon expiry of the Free Trial, your account is automatically billed an annual subscription fee of $125 unless you cancel under your Membership details in the M1 Platform.
- Debit card purchases are when the card is swiped, or its 16-digit number is entered online. Any fund transfers, including via card transactions such as P2P or third party processors, are not eligible for cash back.
- Source: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/m1-finance/id1071915644
- Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m1finance.android&hl=en_US&gl=US