Robinhood vs. M1 Finance
Are you looking for Robinhood alternatives? Meet M1: The Finance Super App™ built for long-term investors who want to build sustainable wealth.
Goodbye day trading.
Hello long-term investing.
At M1, we don’t believe speculating or day trading are viable ways to build long-term wealth. Wealth building is a marathon, not a sprint, and it’s time you found a platform that’s built with your financial well-being in mind.
Our mission is to empower you to improve your financial well-being
Everything we do centers on you, the investor.
From our product features, to our automation capabilities, to the content we produce, we’re focused on helping you manage your money and grow your wealth the way you want to.
With M1 there’s no comparison
M1 provides greater automation, some of the lowest rates in the market and more ways to grow your wealth your way. Switch to M1 and get more power behind every dollar.
With M1, you’ll practice portfolio-based investing, not day trading. Build your portfolio how you want, and your deposits will be split among your holdings according to your targets during our trade window. No more puts, calls, straddles, spreads, strangles, iron condors, and butterflies.
Robinhood lets you schedule your investments and reinvest your dividends. M1 offers that and more: rebalance your portfolio with one click or with every deposit/withdrawal, pay back your Borrow loans automatically, and use threshold-based rules to automate your money with Smart Transfers from M1 Plus.
All information was gathered from Robinhood’s website and is accurate as of February 3rd, 2021.
The M1 Plus advantage
Get exclusive features and rewards that help you potentially earn more, access more and receive more perks and discounts.
Borrow against your investments at just 6.75%.
Set up a system of automated rules and optimize your money movements.
Earn 1% when you spend, and 3.30% when you don’t.4
Get all this and more for just $125/year.
Unlock an exclusive Unlock an exclusive afternoon trade window5.
Sign up for M1 today, and you’ll get a three month free trial of M1 Plus.6 Cancel anytime, though we doubt you’ll want to.
Recognized and celebrated
Hundreds of thousands of investors
(App Store7 and Google Play8)
Best for sophisticated investors
One of the best robo-advisors
Best free trading platform in 2021
Best for investing and banking in one
(The Ascent, 2021)
- M1 Borrow available on margin accounts with at least $2,000 invested per account. Not all securities are available for M1 Borrow and the amount that may be borrowed against a security is subject to change without notice. Available margin amount(s) of M1 Borrow may require greater than $2,000 per Invest account. Not available for retirement, custodial, or trust accounts. Margin rates may vary.
- No minimum balance to open account. No minimum balance to obtain APY (annual percentage yield). APY valid from account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates may vary.
- If you choose to transfer your account to another broker-dealer, only the full shares are guaranteed to transfer. Fractional shares may need to be liquidated and transferred as cash
- Debit card purchases are when the card is swiped, or its 16-digit number is entered online. Any fund transfers, including via card transactions such as P2P or third party processors, are not eligible for cash back.
- Participate in both trade windows when you have $25,000 or more equity to comply with pattern-day trading regulations.
- Your free trial (a $31.25 value) begins the date you enroll in the M1 Plus subscription, and ends 90 days after (“Free Trial”). Upon expiry of the Free Trial, your account is automatically billed an annual subscription fee of $125 unless you cancel under your Membership details in the M1 Platform
- App Store – Source: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/m1-finance/id1071915644
- Google Play – Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m1finance.android&hl=en_US&gl=US